38 Wentworth Road
London. NW11 0RL
Tel + 44 (0) 7957 270 899
MELLOW YOGA AND MEDITATION FOR ALL AGES
Thursday: 11.00 a.m – 12.00 p.m
Alyth. NW11 7EN
Open to seekers of mellow yoga and mindfulness of all ages.
This gentle yoga class includes breathing, stretching, relaxation and meditation. You will learn invaluable ways to build strength, maintain flexibility and increase your energy levels. This is an enjoyable class where you will develop fitness and stamina safely and leave feeling you have worked effectively with your body. You will receive expert guidance, support and information on ways to improve your mental and physical well-being. All this in a relaxed and friendly setting.
Take away good ideas for simple exercises you can do at home.
Wear loose comfortable clothes, all set for an enjoyable mix of movement mindfulness and meditation.
Mellow Yoga Classes
• For all wishing to attend a gentle yoga class without going to the floor
• Ideal if you are not suited to travelling up or down from the floor
• A chair-based yoga class with standing, bending and gentle movement
• Excellent if you are recovering from illness or injury
• Also ideally suited to the specific needs of mature students
• Excellent during pregnancy and postnatal recovery
• Less active participants can do all the exercises sitting in a chair
• Numbers are limited to ensure you get the most from the sessions
• Classes are tailored around the specific needs of the students attending
Benefits of Mellow Yoga Classes with Maxine:
• Learn useful techniques for meditation and relaxation
• Develop your fitness in a relaxed atmosphere
• Enhance physical and mental well being
• Practice targeted exercise safely and intelligently to release tension
• Strengthen core muscles through movement and simple breathing exercises
• Tone, stretch, re-align your body and clear your mind
• Increase co-ordination, balance and joint flexibility
• Reduce aches and pains and build immunity
Scroll Below to read Feedback comments from students.
It is recommended to do this class barefoot to develop core stability. You will have a chair and a yoga mat. It is best not to practice yoga on a full stomach.
Home visits and private sessions are also available.
You will need to fill in a short confidential health form before doing the class. Please download and complete it before coming – or I have some available in class.
Drop in class. Open to all. No booking required.
Location: North Western Reform Synagogue, Alyth Gardens, London NW11 7EN
Dates: See Class Timetable for current class dates
Cost: £13 per class (£9 Alyth members). Payment is cash on the day
Please bring: a yoga mat if you have and your health form. Come wearing lose comfortable clothing.
Parking: There is free parking on Temple Fortune Lane & Temple Grove, both a five minute walk away, until 1 pm. Alyth synagogue can be directly accessed from a footpath at the bottom of Temple Grove. You will see the blue railings of the synagogue building, follow them around to the main entrance.
Please feel free to give me a call if you have any queries, I am happy to advise on the suitability of the classes to your personal needs.
READ MORE about the Benefits of Hatha Yoga and More about Hatha Classes
"At the end I find that my breathing has become a refreshing experience, by spine has elongated, and my head feels clearer and younger than I would have thought possible".
"All the benefits of a gentle yoga class and more. Thank you Maxine! I was so happy that I could do everything you taught without the need to get up or down from the mat or do any kneeling - a joy"
"Maxine is a great teacher, and I hope that more of you will avail yourself of this great experience"
" Mellow Yoga is the answer to a bus-pass-holder's prayer! Having been exercise-phobic all my life, while yearning to share the good experiences of more active contemporaries, I have come home at last!"
" Maxine creates a situation in which each participant in the class is encouraged and cared for. She shows us that we are capable of moving, bending and above all, breathing, to a much greater extent than I thought possible. This is all done with cheerful, kindly enthusiasm."
"Maxine - if I had to sum up the feeling I have after the class - I’d say that I feel that you create a safe space where there is a real emphasis on relaxing. I felt I was travelling to a state of inner peace! "
"Maxine’s yoga melds the awareness of one’s body and inner feelings to the achievement of relaxation, flexibility and strength"
"Maxine's yoga leaves me refreshed in mind and body. Both meditative and physical, strengthening resilience for our busy lives."
"I want to thank you for the yoga classes which have been of huge benefit to me. They leave me feeling, energised, peaceful and recharged, and the breathing exercises have been hugely beneficial. You are a patient, caring and excellent teacher! My path is progressing very slowly but steadily, I feel, and I hope to be doing it as long as I possibly can!!"