38 Wentworth Road
London. NW11 0RL
Tel + 44 (0) 7957 270 899
ACTIVE FLOW CLASSES
Sunday 8.30 a.m – 9.45 a.m
see Timetable for term dates
Choose to combine these with Sunday Yoga Workshops
The perfect way to shed the tensions of the week and get your weekend off to an energised start, this fun pre - breakfast class leaves you plenty of time to enjoy the rest of your Sunday!
Maxine offers step by step hands on guidance, support and training in a relaxed and focused environment. Limited to 8 spaces.
Open to the fairly fit, this active class will improve mental and physical well-being. Some experience of yoga is recommended.
Be guided through an intelligently and rationally constructed series of classical asana practices that Maxine has learn direct from her teachers in India.
Attention will be given on how to develop your body awareness, to practice skilfully and with softness and ease, and to experience greater internal stability and focus
Through connecting more deeply to your core, learn effective ways to re- align and strengthen your body. As your awareness grows, so too does the degree to which you tone, open and release – and get in to your flow.
Maxine will teach you all the essential steps towards mastery of ease and release . Via this active ( 'yang' ) practice tempered with moments of stillness ('yin') be prepared to release deep seated tensions, replenish your energy and enter a place of inner calm.
Active Flow Master Classes
• For all wishing to learn how to work effectively, efficiently and mindfully with the body
• The perfect way to develop your fitness, strength and flexibility safely and wisely
• Students are encouraged to work at their own pace
• Numbers are limited to ensure you get the most from the sessions
• Classes are tailored around the specific needs of the students attending
• Come expecting an enjoyable morning
• Private sessions are also available and work well alongside this group class
Benefits of an Active Flow Master Class with Maxine:
• Tone, stretch, re-align your body and clear your mind
• Strengthen core muscles through movement and simple breathing techniques.
• This wholistic practice will take you to a state of total well being.
• Receive expert instruction on key 'tools for an Astanga Vinyasa yoga practice: Learn about Breath (‘pranayama’), Locks (‘bhanda’), Flow ('vinyasa') and Gaze ('dristi').
• Build confidence in understanding how to work effectively to enhance your physical and mental well being
• Be trained in yoga and mindfulness techniques you can apply elsewhere off the mat, that quieten the mind and channel your focus within
• Leave with the tools for developing a self practice
More About The Class
Things you will start to notice as you practice:
• How to 'soften' into the restricted areas of the body to improve flexibility, co-ordination and balance
• Your increased capacity to intuit the subtle physical changes that arise from moment to moment as you move and tune in to your breathing.
• Through the whole process you discover how to refine and regulate movement and breath to align with your body's requirements as they change from instant to instant.
• Start to experience how all the subtle sensations align and work together and how to adapt to your own individual circumstances.
• The revelation that are working 'from the inside out' i.e from noticing your ability to focus, to noticing the feel of your breath, to noticing the effect it all has on your whole body.
Class Cost & Booking
8 Spaces. Book in advance to secure your place.
Location: Home Studio, 38 Wentworth Road, London NW11 ORL. See below.
Or another local venue.
Dates: See Class Timetable
Cost: 5 - 8 week Master Class Blocks: £ 75/5 weeks – £120/8 weeks @ £15 per class.
£17 per individual class booked in advance. £18 Drop in, space permitting.
If you miss one of your booked classes attend another weekly class instead.
See Missed Classes
Please bring: a yoga mat if you have and your health form. Come wearing loose comfortable clothing and on an empty stomach.
You will need to fill in a short confidential health form before doing the class. Please download and complete it before coming – or I have some available in class. This is so I can address your personal needs as much as possible within the group setting.
Parking: There is free parking outside the Home Studio.
Public Transport: Golders Green Station 10 minutes walk. Bus 102/13. Bus stop is 'Clifton Gardens' on Finchley Road, 3 minutes walk from the house (down Portsdown Avenue).
Please feel free to give me a call if you have any queries, Maxine is happy to advise on the suitability of the classes to your personal needs.
Read more about the Benefits of Hatha Yoga and more about Maxine's other classes
See timetable for all classes