38 Wentworth Road
London. NW11 0RL
Tel + 44 (0) 7957 270 899
ACTIVE FLOW CLASSES
Sunday: 8.30 – 9.45 a.m
ZOOM into Active Flow....
Active Flow is a Hatha class focussing on mindful movement and active attention to breath. It is suitable for the fairly fit and some experience of yoga is helpful. As an early Sunday morning class it is the perfect way to shed the tensions of the week, leaving plenty of time to enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Sunday: 8.30 a.m – 9.45 a.m
Location: Home Studio. 38 Wentworth Road. London. NW11 0RL
Why not combine an Active Flow Class with a 10.00 a.m Sunday Yoga Workshop
Maxine offers step by step hands on guidance, support and training in a relaxed and focused environment. Limited to 8 spaces.
Be guided through an intelligently and rationally constructed series of classical asana practices that Maxine has learn direct from her teachers in India.
Attention will be given on how to develop your body awareness, to practice skilfully and with softness and ease, and to experience greater internal stability and focus
Through connecting more deeply to your core, learn effective ways to realign and strengthen your body. As your awareness grows, so too does the degree to which you tone, open and release – and get in to your flow.
Maxine will teach you all the essential steps towards mastery of ease and release. Via this active ('yang') practice tempered with moments of stillness ('yin') be prepared to release deep seated tensions, replenish your energy and enter a place of inner calm.
About the Active Flow Classes:
– For all wishing to learn how to work effectively, efficiently and mindfully with the body
– The perfect way to develop your fitness, strength and flexibility safely and wisely
– Students are encouraged to work at their own pace
– Numbers are limited to ensure you get the most from the sessions
– Classes are tailored around the specific needs of the students attending
– Come expecting an enjoyable morning
– Private sessions are also available and work well alongside this group class
Benefits of an Active Flow Class:
• Tone, stretch, re-align your body and clear your mind
• Strengthen core muscles through movement and simple breathing techniques.
• This holistic practice will take you to a state of total well being.
• Receive expert instruction on key 'tools for an Astanga Vinyasa yoga practice: Learn about Breath (‘pranayama’), Locks (‘bhanda’), Flow ('vinyasa') and Gaze ('dristi').
• Build confidence in understanding how to work effectively to enhance your physical and mental well being
• Be trained in yoga and mindfulness techniques you can apply elsewhere off the mat, that quieten the mind and channel your focus within
• Leave with the tools for developing a self practice
More About The Class
Things you will start to notice as you practice:
• How to 'soften' into the restricted areas of the body to improve flexibility, co-ordination and balance
• Your increased capacity to intuit the subtle physical changes that arise from moment to moment as you move and tune in to your breathing.
• Through the whole process you discover how to refine and regulate movement and breath to align with your body's requirements as they change from instant to instant.
• Start to experience how all the subtle sensations align and work together and how to adapt to your own individual circumstances.
• The revelation that are working 'from the inside out' i.e from noticing your ability to focus, to noticing the feel of your breath, to noticing the effect it all has on your whole body.
Please bring: a yoga mat if you have and your health form. Come wearing loose comfortable clothing and on an empty stomach.
You will need to fill in a short confidential Health Form before doing the class. Please download and complete it before coming – or I have some available in class. This is so I can address your personal needs as much as possible within the group setting.
Please feel free to give me a call if you have any queries, happy to advise on the suitability of the class to your personal needs.